NeuroStar TMS at Vera French
To get more information or to schedule a free consultation, call Greta at (563) 888-6258 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How is NeuroStar TMS different?
Individuals experiencing major depression who have tried multiple medications without success have a promising new option in Neurostar Advanced Therapy at Vera French. As prescribed and directed by our specially-trained psychiatrist, Neurostar is FDA approved and uses safe, magnetic pulses delivered to the brain in exactly the right location for maximum benefit – with none of the harmful side-effects of medication. Things to note about NeuroStar Advanced Therapy:
- Therapy sessions are conducted at Vera French’s Center location (1441 W. Central Park Avenue in Davenport)
- You can return to normal activities right away
- You are awake during treatment
- There are no negative effects on memory or sleep
- It’s covered by most health insurance plans, including Medicare, Iowa Medicaid, TRICARE, Aetna, Cigna, United Healthcare (Optum), Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield.
With more than one million treatments performed nationwide, this innovative approach to achieving remission is bringing new hope to people every day!
What is NeuroStar Advanced Therapy?
NeuroStar is an FDA-cleared device that delivers a therapy called transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS). It uses a targeted pulsed magnetic field, similar to what is used in a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) machine. This magnetic field stimulates areas of the brain that are under-active in people with depression. This treatment method is noninvasive. NeuroStar is not electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) and has none of the side effects of ECT.
Of those who complete the 6-week course of Neurostar Advanced Therapy as directed by our psychiatrist, nearly half will finally be completely free from depression and nearly all will experience a significant reduction in depressive symptoms. For patients who have tried everything else, NeuroStar gives them and their families real hope that recovery is possible.
Is NeuroStar TMS right for me?
For people with depression who have not benefited from antidepressant medication, NeuroStar Advanced Therapy is an exciting treatment option.
If you agree with two or more of these statements, NeuroStar Advanced Therapy may be right for you.
- Depression symptoms have interfered with my daily life.
- I am not satisfied with the results I get from depression medication.
- I have had or worry about side effects from depression medications.
- I have switched medications for depression due to side effects.
- I am interested in a proven, non-drug therapy for depression.
How does treatment work?
During a NeuroStar treatment session, a magnet is used to stimulate nerve cells in the area of the brain thought to control mood. These magnetic pulses may have a positive effect on the brain’s neurotransmitter levels, making long-term remission possible.
You’ll recline comfortably in the treatment chair
A small, curved magnetic coil will be positioned lightly on your head
NeuroStar delivers focused magnetic stimulation directly to the target areas of the brain
You’ll hear a clicking sound and feel a tapping sensation on your head
You can resume normal activities immediately
Because there are no effects on alertness or memory, you can drive yourself to and from treatment sessions