Vera French Safety Protocols during COVID-19
As of May 2022:
Due to the CDC reporting for the past month that COVID-19 Community levels have remained low, masking will now be optional for most patients and visitors to our facilities. Our staff will still wear masks when providing direct, close-contact patient care.
Mask are still required in our facilities if you are experiencing respiratory symptoms or have tested positive for or been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the past 10 days.
Please feel free to continue to wear a mask if you would prefer.
Please be advised that if the COVID-19 Community levels increase, we will again require masks be worn by staff and patients at all times.
To comply with the CMS Omnibus COVID-19 Health Care Staff Rule (86 FR 61573), Vera French Community Mental Health Center has adopted the following policy on mandatory vaccination:
All current employees are required to be fully vaccinated or have a qualified medical or deeply held religious belief exemption in place by January 4, 2022. Under this federal mandate, new employees hired after January 4, 2022 must be fully vaccinated or submit an approved exemption request prior to beginning their employment with Vera French.
Information regarding COVID-19:
While COVID-19 is an evolving situation being closely monitored by officials in our area, experts are stressing the importance of hand washing. Social distancing is encouraged as a measure to restrict when and where people can gather to stop or slow the spread of infectious diseases.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is now a pandemic, a global outbreak of disease. Pandemics happen when a new virus emerges to infect people and can spread between people sustainably. Because there is little to no pre-existing immunity against the new virus, it spreads worldwide.
The following resources are excellent ways to stay educated on COVID-19:
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention – symptoms, updates, and information on prevention
- Iowa Department of Public Health – Updates on what is happening with the virus in the state of Iowa
- Handwashing Resources
- Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Outbreak Map
- Quad Cities Chamber of Commerce – Business Planning Resources
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention – Taking Care of Your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty
- Social Distancing Works – Flattening the Curve
- How to Prepare at Home for COVID-19– CDC